8.05.2010

Sprouts: plant/animal


                                             jar o' sprouts!  not tadpoles.

I am so proud of my little alfalfas. It's the first time I've ever tried growing sprouts and I am so happy with the results. It's basically FREE to grow them at home.  I got a big container of alfalfa sprouting seeds for 95 cents and only used 1/3 of it and got like 5 sandwiches worth of sprouts.
   Try alfalfa, radish, lentil, or red clover, they are easy to find. Put them in a glass container with some mesh on the top. (if you don't have a mesh type thing you can use plastic and poke holes in the top and put a rubber band around it) Rinse the seeds 2-3 times a day (the most important part) and don't leave standing water unless you want mold. I did this for 4 days and probably could have gone longer but I wanted to eat them! This picture is at 2 and 1/2 days.  yum.

  Here's my little sprout with the cassette "Ma tu la pasta la vo?" by ARMALI LARI off Stunned Records
 



  

No comments:

Post a Comment